Held on May 11, 2013, Pakistan’s general election signifies the first civilian transfer of power following the successful completion of a five year term by a democratically elected government.
In addition to events held on the topic, Shuja Nawaz–regional expert and South Asia Center director–appeared on many news outlets before and after the country’s historic vote. The Center’s Emerging Leaders of Pakistan program shares photos and insights on the elections from a unique perspective.
- Governance Opportunities and Challenges for the Incoming Pakistani Administration – May 20, 2013
- Beyond Pakistan’s Elections: A Mountain of Challenges – May 17, 2013
- Pakistan’s Economic Challenges and Solutions: A Business Perspective – May 3, 2013
- Elections 2013: Pakistan’s Turning Point? – April 10, 2013
- Shuja Nawaz Speaks About Pakistan Elections (CCTV America) – May 13, 2013
- Shuja Nawaz Response to Pakistan Election Results (Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty) – May 13, 2013
- Shuja Nawaz on Foreign Policy Challenges for New Pakistani Government (VOA) – May 10, 2013
- Shuja Nawaz on Pakistan’s Upcoming Elections (NPR) – May 10, 2013
- The Treacherous Road to Pakistan’s Historic Elections – Shuja Nawaz – May 9, 2013
- Pakistani Politics: Perils and Paradoxes – Harlan Ullman – May 9, 2013
Photo credits: Wikimedia (top) / Mechid TV (front page)